At HM Insurance Group (HM), we are closely monitoring the impact of COVID-19, and we are committed to supporting our clients in these unprecedented times. Please continue to check this page for updates.
Important Notice: Claim Reimbursement Checks Being Sent via Standard Mail
March 26, 2020
Please be advised that all claim reimbursement paper checks will be sent to policyholders via standard mail at this time. As COVID-19 continues to impact the communities where we do business, all HM employees have been instructed to work from home to protect their health and safety. HM’s Claims team will resume the process of sending checks that exceed $75,000 via overnight mail when our employees return to working from the office. Reimbursement checks sent via ACH or electronic payment will not be affected.
HM offers direct deposit for faster payments, and we encourage brokers to make their clients aware of this option. To enroll or learn more about electronic payment, please contact your HM Regional Sales representative.
A Message from Tom Doran
President & CEO, HM Insurance Group
March 17, 2020
For more than 35 years, HM Insurance Group has seen firsthand the debilitating effects of catastrophic medical conditions. Now though, the world is experiencing a medical crisis like none we have seen before – and we want our clients to rest assured that we will continue to work diligently to guard their financial health as they potentially experience the impact of COVID-19.
When you work with HM, you can count on integrity in every transaction. In these times, as with our normal day-to-day business, we are committed to providing you with confidence in our coverage.
No one quite knows what will happen next, but we recognize that clients want to keep their covered employees safe – something that may require options that are outside of their normal benefit parameters and could impact their Stop Loss coverage.
In response to the potential benefit modifications that may take place due to COVID-19, HM is honoring the following actions:
- Continued coverage for employees who are temporarily on non-medical leave/unable to work remotely per COVID-19 social distancing requirements, as long as said employees are included in the census and applicable premiums are paid
- Waived co-pays, deductibles and cost-sharing on covered participants for COVID-19 testing, with no prior notification to HM required and costs applied under the Stop Loss coverage
- Waived cost-sharing for telemedicine or virtual visits, with no prior notification to HM required and costs applied under the Stop Loss coverage
- Coverage of the cost of early refills of medication to ensure participants have a 30-day supply, with no prior notification to HM required and costs applied under the Stop Loss coverage
It is our hope that life will be back to normal soon. Until then, we wanted to ease our policyholders’ minds with some assistance through their Stop Loss coverage. Please contact your HM Insurance Group regional sales representative with any concerns or questions you may have.
If you’re looking for answers to FAQs about COVID-19, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) provides relevant, up-to-date information: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/faq.html
And keep washing those hands.
March 12, 2020
With worldwide attention on the outbreak of Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19), HM Insurance Group (HM) has developed a new resource to help provide a “claim picture” for clients. We know that awareness is an important factor in helping to minimize the impact of the disease – from preventive actions to smart cost management practices. The Coronavirus Disease Claim Picture includes:
- Background information on COVID-19
- Best practices for prevention
- Clinical details
- Information about treatment (for both mild and severe cases)
- CDC coding guidance
Please share this document with your clients. If they receive any notifications of COVID-19, make sure they know to contact HM Insurance Group as quickly as possible so that we can support the claims process and work to help better manage the associated costs.